"Enigmatic Talisay" Talisay by cyndymc
Talisay Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 56 photos
The very roots of the sugar industry in province originated from Talisay. It was the Recollect priests led by Fray Fernando Cuenca who initiated the the planting of sugarcane in vast “haciendas”. The rich, loamy soil enabled the seedlings brought from Spain to thrive well. Fray Cuenca then invented the ‘Molino de Agua’ which improved the crude ways of the wooden mills, thus trigerring the economic development of the once sleepy Sitio.
Aside from being known as the site of sugarcane haciendas, Talisay is associated with a heritage site sought by tourists, The Ruins.
We went to the Ruins twice, the first time was with my cousin and her hubby who are Bacolod residents. They knew we wanted to see the place during sunset so they brought hubby and me there. Unfortunately, the weather didn't permit us to witness the awesome sunset sight which The Ruins was known for. Nevertheless, hubby proceeded with his photo shoot as I toured the place. After going around the structure and gardens, my cousin and I had so much fun reminiscing our childhood days as we sat on the carritela chair; we didn't realize the mosquitoes were already feasting on our legs. When we felt the mosquito bites, we transferred to the benches by the fountain but after some time chatting, we felt ant bites on our feet. It was time to call it a day...
The second time we went there, hubby concentrated on infrared shots of The Ruins while I linked up with other VTers who were going to Bacolod for the Masskara Festival, too. While waiting for the VTgirls, I had a second look at the structure and gardens which I first saw when it was already dusk. It was only then that I truly appreciated the architectural grandeur of The Ruins. I had the chance to interact with some staff because there were very few tourists that time. I also made arrangements for a very good guide to handle the VTers' tour.
I arrived earlier than the other VTers so I whiled away my time going around the garden to have a good view of The Ruins... more travel advice
If Intramurous has Carlos Celdran as the most-sought after tourist guide, The Ruins has a very good guide in the person... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Talisay Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Talisay
- 7 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Talisay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Talisay
Photos in TalisaySee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues