Tanay Things to Do Tips by cyndymc
Tanay Things to Do: 3 reviews and 11 photos
Main Daranak Falls
Have a joy ride from Manila and go to Daranak Falls, known as one of the most beautiful natural formations of the Philippines. After witnessing Daranak Falls' enchanting beauty at the foot of Tanay mountain, I guarantee you'll feel so envigorated and ecstatic. My husband and I were so ecstatic after actually seeing the two Daranak Falls (the majestic "big one" which is 14 meters high, and an equally beautiful veil-like smaller falls), hearing them roar as they cascade down the catch basin, feeling the mist kiss our faces..'twas an unforgetable experience!
Address: Tanay, Rizal
Directions: At Km. 57 of hi-way, turn (left if coming from Morong, right if coming from Marcos Hi-way) to Brgy. Sampaloc untill you see the directional sign to Daranak Falls, follow the dirt road until you see the Parking Area for Daranak Falls.
Main Batlag Falls
We reached Batlag Falls by foot from Daranak Falls. We opted to cross the makeshift wooden bridge instead of wading through the river to reach the other side of the mountain. Since Batlag Falls is in a private property, we had to pay another P20/person to be allowed access to the compound. Then, we walked uphill through a paved slope until we reached the concrete stairs leading further up. At the end of the stairs, I was surprised to see a desolate-looking park with cottages that have seen better days. At the right end,I noticed portalets which looked new. There were no directional signs at all, and overgrown bushes made it difficult for us to see where to go next to reach the falls. We were really at a loss, but we could hear the roar of the falls, so we thought it couldn't be that far.
We finally discovered the stairs leading down to the sound of the falls. As we descended, I couldn't help but gasp at such enchanting sight of so many beautiful catch basins,pools and streams. The feeling was like getting lost, then finding a paradise. The falls was already in sight,but there were no paved paths nor small bridges leading to it. We had to wade through the cold waters and traverse wet,slippery soil and rocks. Fortunately, there were a lot of stones/rocks, fallen logs and exposed roots of trees that helped make it easier for us to wade and walk.
I couldn't help but stop often, not to rest, but to take pictures of catch basins, cascading waters, clear pools and streams, beautifully gnarled trees and interesting plants. It's such an awesome sight, I couldn't even think of words to describe them.
Just like Daranak Falls,there are two falls in Batlag- the majestic main falls which is big and wider, and a smaller veil-like one that is equally beautiful! This is one place I'll never forget. There is so much positive energy in the area, very healing to the mind and body. I wouldn't mind getting lost again in a place like this.
Address: Tanay, Rizal
Directions: Uphill from Daranak Falls
More Reviews (5)
cyndymc's Related Pages
Tanay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "An overnight at Tanay!"
- "Tanay- Home of Beautiful Natural Wonders"
- "Tanay Rizal"
- "Camp Capinpin, Tanay, Rizal"
- "Roadtrip to Daranak Falls"
- "Film Shoot in Tanay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tanay
- Hotels in Tanay
- Transportation in Tanay
- Warnings and Dangers in Tanay
- See All...
Explore the World
- Turkey Hotels
- Nebraska City Hotels
- Seisholtzville Hotels
- Covington Hotels
Badges & Stats in Tanay
- 7 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Tanay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanay
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- updated a Tanay Travelogue "A Unique Travel Companion To Batlag Falls"
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Unique Travel Companion To Batlag Falls"
- Wrote a Review Offer Your Food/ Drinks To Others in Tanay Local Customs
- Uploaded a Video to Tanay
Photos in TanaySee All Photos (22)
Videos in TanaySee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues