"The Ancient But Progressive Town of Tayabas" Tayabas by cyndymc
Tayabas Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 105 photos
Like other municipalities of Quezon Province, Tayabas is a land-locked town located at the foot of the mystical dormant volacano, Mt. Banahaw. It is bounded on the North by the towns of Lucban, Mauban & Sampaloc; on the Southeast by Atimonan & Pagbilao; on the South by Lucena City; and on the West by Sariaya.
Tayabas is is 150 kms, from Manila and 10 kms. from Lucena. It has a total land area of 24,095 hectares and consists of 66 barangays.
Tayabas is home to the Minor Basilica of St. Michael The Archangel which is known as Asia's oldest church clock, the country's 2nd biggest, the country's longest, and one of the most beautiful.
Going to Quezon province wouldn't be complete without passing by Tayabas to savor native food at the floating huts of Kainan sa Palaisdaan. From a few clusters of floating cabanas, the place has expanded to include a concrete dining pavilion and bar.
- Pros:friendly people in a fantastic place
- Cons:no directional signs of tourist spots from main road
It's been a long time since we last ate at Kainan sa Palaisdaan in Tayabas, Quezon. (We eat more often at their place in... more travel advice
cyndymc's Related Pages
Tayabas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Ancient But Progressive Town of Tayabas"
- "Home of Lambanog and Palaisdaan!"
- "Tayabas, Quezon"
- "My Tayabas Homepage"
- "mt. banahaw de tayabas....."
- "Tayabas City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tayabas
- Hotels in Tayabas
- Restaurants in Tayabas
- Shopping in Tayabas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tayabas
- 2 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Tayabas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tayabas
- Posted in Travel Province of Laguna Forum "Re: commuting from Sta. Rosa to..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Longest Spanish Colonial Church in the Philippines"
- updated a Tayabas Travelogue "Longest Spanish Colonial Church in the Philippines"
- Wrote a Review Try Eating With Your Hands in Tayabas Restaurants
Photos in TayabasSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Batanes Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Makati Intro, 55 reviews, 216 photos, 6 travelogues
- Bacolod City Intro, 39 reviews, 197 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caramoan Intro, 41 reviews, 169 photos, 9 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subic Intro, 35 reviews, 140 photos, 3 travelogues
- Alabang Intro, 42 reviews, 129 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baler Intro, 30 reviews, 133 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bohol Intro, 25 reviews, 134 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pasay City Intro, 34 reviews, 124 photos, 10 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 30 reviews, 124 photos, 4 travelogues