"Herkenbosch" Herkenbosch by Woosey
Herkenbosch Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Herkenbosch is a small village, 5 kilometers from the city of Roermond.
It has about 4100 inhabitants.
One of the sights are the church, of which a small part can still be seen of the original church, dated as far as the 13th century.
Other things are the 18-hole golfcourse, national park De Meinweg, where you can find the only venemous snakes in the Netherlands: Vipers, and the residence of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, proir to his death, february the 5th, 2008. It als houses an University.
An other site to visit in Castle "Daelenbroek". It 's an old castle and now a very nice restaurant and hotel.
Herkenbosch also has a big camping, called "Elfenmeer". It has a minigolf course, restaurants, playground and not to forget a nice pool, including waterslides.
- Pros:Nice, quiet village, perfect for nature walks
- Cons:No proper nightlife to be found in Herkenbosch.
Visit National Park "De Meinweg". Trails of different lenght can be followed, and it has some of the most beautiful... more travel advice
Kasteel Daelenbroeck is a luxurious hotel, with nice rooms, and an excellent restaurant. It is an old 14th century... more travel advice
Woosey's Related Pages
Herkenbosch Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Herkenbosch
- Hotels in Herkenbosch
- Restaurants in Herkenbosch
- Warnings and Dangers in Herkenbosch
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Herkenbosch
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Herkenbosch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herkenbosch
Top 5 Pages
- Trinidad and Tobago Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos
- Herkenbosch Intro, 5 reviews, 9 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Riga Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 2 photos
Latest Herkenbosch hotel reviews
- Landgoed Kasteel Daelenbroeck
- 1 Review & Opinion