"Travelling the road less travelled" razella's Profile

On my own

I've been travelling on my own for about 10 years now. Sometimes I was accompanied by my son and other times I just made it on my own. I enjoy exploring at my own pace, making or undoing a schedule, being spontanuous, getting lost and not always on purpose and pretty much avoiding the tourist paths. This is not to say that I don't show curiosity for the landmarks and noted places suggested by travel websites or books, but I try to get a "feel" for the country by observing the locals, sharing and eating with them. I enjoy keeping a travel diary and every so often take one off my bookshelf and re-read it in hopes of re-living that specific moment, that captured memory of a past travel.

• Intro Updated Jan 24, 2010

• razella's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2014 at 9:41 PM

I haven't been on virtual tourist in ages! I have traveled some since my last entry but just didn't have the drive nor the inspiration to contribute to this page.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Happy Birthday

• connectingrod's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2013 at 3:44 AM

A birthday is just the first day of another 365-day journey around the sun. Enjoy the trip.

hAPpY bIrThDaY tO yOu

• grayfo's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2011 at 3:27 AM

A Merry Christmas to everybody! A happy New Year to all the world!

• dustmon's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Hope your birthday was full of good surprises. dustmon

• gwoody's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Happy Birthday.. Buti sn't the road less travelled, that way for a reason? Gary

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!