"About Mae Sariang" Mae Sariang by north_thailander
Mae Sariang Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 26 photos
Mae Sariang is one of 7 districts in Mae Hong Son province. Although often overlooked by tourists it has plenty to offer; the Salawin River, Salawin National Park, Kaew Komol Cave, waterfalls, hilltribe villages and much more. Some say that the trekking routes here are the most unspoilt in Northern Thailand. Mae Sariang town is a small sleepy town, perfect if you are looking to turn things down a gear. Although being small it still has all the essentials, and provides well for tourists with an adequate selection of hotels, guesthouses and restaurants to choose from. It has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, the people are very friendly and it’s the kind of place where everybody knows everyone else. Surrounding the town there are many sights to see and day trips to go on.
- Pros:Friendly, Easy to find your way around town, No big tourist crowds, Shan culture
- Cons:Little nightlife,
- In a nutshell:A small town too easily overlooked
If you don’t want to be restricted by bus times, and want the freedom to explore off the bus route then another option... more travel advice
Nestled in mountains 1 hr from Mae Sariang town, are Lawa and Karen hilltribe villages where you can stay overnight at a... more travel advice
north_thailander's Related Pages
Mae Sariang Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Mae Sariang
- Hotels in Mae Sariang
- Transportation in Mae Sariang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mae Sariang
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mae Sariang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mae Sariang
- updated a Mae Sariang Travel Page "About Mae Sariang"
- Commented on one of north_thailander's Mae Sariang travel pages
- Posted in Travel Chiang Mai Forum "Re: Tour guide or tour operator"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Karen and Lawa Hilltribe Homestay"
- Wrote a Review Mae Sariang's best budget... in Mae Sariang Hotels
Photos in Mae SariangSee All Photos (8)
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mae Hong Son Intro, 9 reviews, 17 photos
- Mae Sariang Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Chiang Rai 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Chiang Mai 1 review, 1 photo