"Aspen - not just a ski town" Aspen by goverita
Aspen Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 235 photos
Most think of Aspen as a place to visit in winter months. Although the town boasts four great mountains to ski on, summer and fall can be just as exciting and beautiful. Fishing, camping, white water rafting, hiking, golf, parasailing, mountain biking or attending one of the many festivals (jazz aspen, food and wine, snowmass hot air balloon festival ...), summer in this little mountain town has a lot to offer.
Nothing better than a guided fishing trip down one of the several rivers in the Aspen area - The Upper Fork and Glenwood Canyon are two of my favorites.
- Pros:Sunny Days year round, big range of activities
- Cons:not for the budget traveler - very expensive!
It is not uncommon to see Black Bears in Aspen in the summertime. Unfortunately these bears have had difficulty... more travel advice
Located in Ashcroft - an old ghost town 20 minutes from Aspen. In winter months you can only reach the restaurant by... more travel advice
goverita's Related Pages
Aspen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The rich but not famous"
- "Aspen - Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"
- "The Allure of Aspen in August"
- "Aspen and Carbondale, whirlwind trip"
- "Amazing Aspen!"
- "Aspen - not just a ski town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aspen
- Hotels in Aspen
- Transportation in Aspen
- Nightlife in Aspen
- Restaurants in Aspen
- Shopping in Aspen
- Warnings and Dangers in Aspen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aspen
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Aspen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aspen
Photos in AspenSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Spain Intro, 1 review, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- San Juan del Sur Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arenal Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Bijagua Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Aspen Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Departamento de Granada Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Paso Real de Cuá Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Matapalo 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla de Ometepe Intro, 1 review, 3 photos