"Douglas" Douglas by lotharscheer
Douglas Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 178 photos
Douglas became the home of the Tynwald (the island's government) in 1869 which was earlier in Castletown, a smaller town in the south of the Island. Today there ar a lot of offshore financial services, and for a tourists more interresting horse-drawn trams (from spring to early autumn), the Steam Railway and the Manx Electric Railway.
- Pros:Nice little town
- Cons:Probably the weather
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To many this image epitimises the Isle of Man"
- "Island capital....."
- "A traditional seaside resort"
- "The Isle of Man"
- "Ah Douglas... Blackpool meets the City of London"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Douglas
- Hotels in Douglas
- Transportation in Douglas
- Nightlife in Douglas
- Restaurants in Douglas
- Shopping in Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Douglas
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douglas
Photos in DouglasSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padangbai Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos