"Douglas" Top 5 Page for this destination Douglas by lotharscheer
Douglas Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 99 photos
Douglas became the home of the Tynwald (the island's government) in 1869 which was earlier in Castletown, a smaller town in the south of the Island. Today there ar a lot of offshore financial services, and for a tourists more interresting horse-drawn trams (from spring to early autumn), the Steam Railway and the Manx Electric Railway.
- Pros:Nice little town
- Cons:Probably the weather
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Douglas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To many this image epitimises the Isle of Man"
- "Ah Douglas... Blackpool meets the City of London"
- "The Isle of Man"
- "Douglas - Isle of Man"
- "U-N-D-E-R _______ C-O-N-S-T-R-U-C-T-I-O-N !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Douglas
- Hotels in Douglas
- Transportation in Douglas
- Nightlife in Douglas
- Restaurants in Douglas
- Shopping in Douglas
- Warnings and Dangers in Douglas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Douglas
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (75)
Have you been to Douglas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douglas
Photos in DouglasSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Port Blair Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Hallstatt Intro, 7 reviews, 38 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues