"Sighetu Marmatiei" Sighetu Marmatiei by lotharscheer
Sighetu Marmatiei Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 99 photos
Sighetu Marmatiei was first mentioned in 1326 and became soon after a free royal town and the capital of Máramaros comitatus. Part of the Ottoman Empire from 1541 and after 1711 Austro Hungarian. Interresting is the Casa Memoriala Elie Wiesel and the Muzeul Satului Maramuresan (Maramures Village Museum, Strada Dobăieș, nr. 40) a bit outside the town. Several very interresting wooden churches and farm houses are nearby and the Merry Cemetery of Săpânța is about 20 km away.
- Pros:Good place for exploring Maramures area, friendly people
- Cons:A bit out of the way
The old Lady who runs the place speaks romanian only, but she understands allmost everthing. There is a lot of... more travel advice
The train leaving Budapest Keleti Pu at 16.40 is probably the most convenient, only 1 change of trains (Couchette until... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Sighetu Marmatiei Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marvelous Maramures"
- "SIGHETU MARMATIEI IN MARAMURES"
- "Sighetu Marmatiei"
- "Sighetu Marmatiei town, close to center of Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sighetu Marmatiei
- Hotels in Sighetu Marmatiei
- Transportation in Sighetu Marmatiei
- Restaurants in Sighetu Marmatiei
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sighetu Marmatiei
- 6 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (137)
Have you been to Sighetu Marmatiei?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sighetu Marmatiei
Photos in Sighetu MarmatieiSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padangbai Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos