"Potsdam" Potsdam by lotharscheer
Potsdam Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 1,402 photos
Potsdam gained its town charter in 1345, it was chosen in 1660 as the hunting residence of Frederick William I and since then the center of the Prussian state until 1918. Sanssouci is the main attraction but there are several more palais and other attractions. Babelsberg was a major film production studio before the war.
- Pros:A beatyfull place
- Cons:A lot of renovation still going on
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Potsdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sanssouci Royal Park"
- "Potsdam, More than Princes, Parks and Palaces"
- "Potsdam - town of palaces, parks and water"
- "Potsdam for a dessert after Berlin"
- "Potsdam and Cecilienhof"
- "Palaces and History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Potsdam
- Hotels in Potsdam
- Transportation in Potsdam
- Nightlife in Potsdam
- Restaurants in Potsdam
- Shopping in Potsdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Potsdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Potsdam
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (172)
Have you been to Potsdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Potsdam
Photos in PotsdamSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 51 reviews, 257 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 16 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Padangbai Intro, 20 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Naples Intro, 11 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Berlin Intro, 11 reviews, 58 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 11 reviews, 52 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos