"Salzburg" Salzburg by lotharscheer
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,574 reviews and 5,909 photos
Salzburg has been the capital of an independent state from the 14th century until 1805 and was ruled by duke-archbishops. The Festung Hohensalzburg was built in 1077 and expanded with time.
- Pros:Magnificent Barock City
- Cons:Too many tourists, particulary in summer
The Königsee is one of the nicest lakes in the area, if the weather is nice take a boat to St. Bartholomä (it is not... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (47)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 38 reviews, 199 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos
- Port Blair Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Danau Toba Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Targu-Mures Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues