"Salzburg" Salzburg by lotharscheer
Salzburg Travel Guide: 2,583 reviews and 5,951 photos
Salzburg has been the capital of an independent state from the 14th century until 1805 and was ruled by duke-archbishops. The Festung Hohensalzburg was built in 1077 and expanded with time.
- Pros:Magnificent Barock City
- Cons:Too many tourists, particulary in summer
In case you need some Red Bull merchandise, or simply are tired of all the Dirndl, Mozart and similar kitsch shops have... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Salzburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mozarts Music and Mozart's Kugeln & Nockerl"
- "The Hidden Wonders of Salzburg - A MUST SEE!"
- "One order of Salzburg, please . . ."
- "Fairyland for Real......"
- "SALZBURG - A CITY I LOVED!"
- "Salzburg and the central Austria lake region."
- "Mozart Music and More"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salzburg
- Hotels in Salzburg
- Transportation in Salzburg
- Nightlife in Salzburg
- Restaurants in Salzburg
- Shopping in Salzburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Salzburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salzburg
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 27 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Salzburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salzburg
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Port Blair Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Danau Toba Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Targu-Mures Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sighetu Marmatiei Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue