"Schwaz" Schwaz by lotharscheer
Schwaz Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
Schwaz became important with the discovery of silver. In the heyday of mining in the 15th and 16 Schwaz century was considered the largest mining city in Europe with 20,000 inhabitants (13,000 today) to Vienna, the second largest town in the Habsburg Empire. Large parts of the town were destroyed in the Napoleonic wars.
- Pros:Quite interresting old mining town
The renovation and construction of the House of Peoples is in full swing. Back in December, the building will be... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Schwaz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Willkommen in Schwaz - Tirol"
- "Little town close to Innsbruck"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schwaz
- 3 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Schwaz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schwaz
- Posted in Travel Vienna Forum "Re: Cesky krumlov day trip from..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit thMusem der Völker (will reopen spring 2013)"
- Wrote a Review Visit thMusem der Völker (will reopen spring 2013) in Schwaz Things to Do
- updated a Schwaz Travel Page "Schwaz"
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 36 reviews, 181 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Port Blair Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 9 reviews, 38 photos
- Budapest Intro, 4 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Danau Toba Intro, 7 reviews, 34 photos
- Targu-Mures Intro, 4 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sighetu Marmatiei Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Bali Intro, 4 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue