"Schwaz" Top 5 Page for this destination Schwaz by lotharscheer
Schwaz Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 112 photos
Schwaz became important with the discovery of silver. In the heyday of mining in the 15th and 16 Schwaz century was considered the largest mining city in Europe with 20,000 inhabitants (13,000 today) to Vienna, the second largest town in the Habsburg Empire. Large parts of the town were destroyed in the Napoleonic wars.
- Pros:Quite interresting old mining town
Rooms (with bathroom) from € 46, free wifi, flatscreen TV, restaurant, 400 meter to the town center, 1 km to the train... more travel advice
The renovation and construction of the museum is finished. Since the House of Peoples has matured over the past 17... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Schwaz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Willkommen in Schwaz - Tirol"
- "SCHWAZ - MORE THAN YOU EXPECT!"
- "Little town close to Innsbruck"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Schwaz
- Hotels in Schwaz
- Transportation in Schwaz
- Restaurants in Schwaz
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Schwaz
- 5 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (81)
Have you been to Schwaz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schwaz
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 41 reviews, 210 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Padangbai Intro, 12 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos