"Taranto city center slowly decaying" Taranto by lotharscheer
Taranto Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 65 photos
Founded according to legends 1200 years before Rome, became Roman in 272, then Bycantine, Norman...
It`s a paradise for people liking to see the decay of old towns
Taranto is a easy daytrip from Bari, by frequent train about 1.10 hours (you can stop on the way also in Alberobello to see some Trulli). From Lecce about 1.40 hours by train with a change in Brindisi.
See the Castello Aragonese, San Cataldo, San Domenico, the Palazzo Galeota , built 1728 with a small ethnographic museum, Palazzo Fornaro, Via Duomo 175 , with a museum reflecting the middle ages.
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Taranto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Martina Franca !"
- "on the road again..."
- "SeaBreezeUSA's Taranto Italy Page"
- "Taranto city center slowly decaying"
- "Hi from the Two Sea Town!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Taranto
- Hotels in Taranto
- Transportation in Taranto
- Restaurants in Taranto
- Warnings and Dangers in Taranto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Taranto
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (166)
Have you been to Taranto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Taranto
Photos in TarantoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 49 reviews, 248 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 16 reviews, 99 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Padangbai Intro, 15 reviews, 72 photos, 1 travelogue
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Berlin Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos