"Dakar" Dakar by lotharscheer
Dakar Travel Guide: 151 reviews and 455 photos
The city of Dakar grew up around a French fort and was founded in 1857, when residents came from the island of Goree. She grew as a port and around the railway line to Saint-Louist. 1895 Dakar replaced Saint-Louis as the capital of French West Africa.
- Pros:Good food and some nice architecture
- Cons:To many salesman in the street, pickpockets at the markets
In case you have a craving for french cheese, wine, etc., the french supermarket chain Casino Supermarché has also a... more travel advice
Very colorfull decor and excellent local food for a reasonable price (maincourse 1500 CFA), the self apointed guides... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Dakar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekend in Dakar"
- "Dakar - a great stop-over on a cruise"
- "Dakar... not what you would think!!!"
- "Chaotic, Charming and Colourful - Bustling Dakar"
- "A Visit to Lac Rose"
- "Dakar - The Western Tip of Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dakar
- Hotels in Dakar
- Transportation in Dakar
- Nightlife in Dakar
- Restaurants in Dakar
- Shopping in Dakar
- Warnings and Dangers in Dakar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dakar
- 4 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Dakar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dakar
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 13 reviews, 79 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padangbai Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos