"Ko Lipe" Top 5 Page for this destination Ko Lipe by lotharscheer
Ko Lipe Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 168 photos
Ko Lipe was a nice quiet little island with a good beach (Pattaya Beach), a great marine live and a serious water problem. Then some years ago a water pipeline was built and the place developed instantly in a major tourist destination with more then 100 different accommodation and for Thailand unusual expensive (even the 7-11 shop charges 100% more then in the rest of Thailand).
The island is still nice and the diving is one of the best in Thailand (for snorkeling it is now better to use one of the boat trips), but quiet it is certainly not.
Ko Lipe is part of the Tarutao National Marine Park, but outside of the National Park jurisdiction, settled by sea gypsies, known as the 'Chao Lei'. There are many sites for scuba diving and snorkeling around Koh Lipe and the neighbouring islands.
Snorkeling near the beach
- Pros:Good snorkeling and diving
- Cons:A bit remote
The Family Song restaurant is right on the beach with has regular Thai food (if you like spicy you have to tell them)... more travel advice
The closest airports are Hat Yai, from Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore, with AirAsia you can even book a transfer if... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Ko Lipe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lazin' About In Koh Lipe"
- "Ko Lipe"
- "Ko Lipe"
- "Lipe Island"
- "Fantastic Ko Lipe"
- "This year I turned 26"
- "Jen's Ko Lipe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ko Lipe
- Hotels in Ko Lipe
- Transportation in Ko Lipe
- Nightlife in Ko Lipe
- Restaurants in Ko Lipe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ko Lipe
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (95)
Have you been to Ko Lipe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ko Lipe
Photos in Ko LipeSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 48 reviews, 243 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Padangbai Intro, 14 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Raja Ampat Intro, 12 reviews, 63 photos
- Mandalay Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 11 reviews, 45 photos