"Puri" Top 5 Page for this destination Puri by lotharscheer
Puri Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 395 photos
Puri is a mayor indian pilgrim center, up to a quarter million pilgrims at Yath Ratra the mayor event in summer. It is also very popular with indian tourists wich used to be around Marine Drive in the better hotels but increasingly go also to the C.T.Road area where lots of new hotels have been built. It was also popular with western hippies about 20, 30 years ago, attracted by the nice beach, friendly local population and Governement Bhang shops (for the pilgrims doing their religion), usualy staying in the C.T.Road area close to the fishing village where crumbling colonial time buildings have been transformed to cheap accomodation. Today it is much cleaner but lost a bit of atmosphere with all these sometimes terrible designed hotels.
- Pros:A lot to see, beach and friendly local people
- Cons:A lot of traffic with constant honking
You can see dolphins quite close (but to fast for my camera), flamingoes (but not seen by me) and other birds. Since you... more travel advice
In a covered garden you get Muesli, Pancakes, Fish, Prawns and Indian food aou bwill sit there with other... more travel advice
lotharscheer's Related Pages
Puri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KONARK,THE SUN TEMPLE."
- "Puri - Home of the Jagannath Temple"
- "A little piece of heaven!!"
- "Puri - A Jewel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puri
- Hotels in Puri
- Transportation in Puri
- Restaurants in Puri
- Shopping in Puri
- Warnings and Dangers in Puri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puri
- 5 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (76)
Have you been to Puri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puri
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 40 reviews, 205 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havelock Island Intro, 17 reviews, 86 photos
- Venice Intro, 12 reviews, 74 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lalibela Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Raja Ampat Intro, 9 reviews, 48 photos
- Reykjavík Intro, 8 reviews, 47 photos
- Pulau Togian Intro, 11 reviews, 43 photos
- Bandanaira Intro, 11 reviews, 40 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bad Ischl Intro, 9 reviews, 40 photos
- Port Blair Intro, 9 reviews, 39 photos