"Lopburi" Lop Buri by YaaDong
Lop Buri Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 344 photos
Lopburi is one of Thailand's oldest occupied cities. Formerly know as "La- wo" is located 155 km north of Bangkok.
Today, although historically important, Lopburi rarely appears on tourist itineraries. I is mainly a modern garrison town where visitors to the city are Thais on a day trip from Bangkok to see the historic sights and the fields of sunflowers. For the foreign tourist, the easiest way to get to Lopburi is by train. The main sights of the historic city are a short walk from the train station. There are several trains between Bangkok and Lopburi every day, mainly in the morning and evening hours to serve commuters.
No discussion of Lopburi would be complete without mention of the town's rather sizable monkey population.Some extramly overfed and aggressive. They have become something of a symbol of the town, and are even feted with their own annual banquet by local tourism businesses.
- Pros:Easy to get to from BKK,historical and laidback
- Cons:fat over-fed agressive monkeys
- In a nutshell:History , monkeys,sunflowers & soldiers
A cheap way to get to Lopburi is by 3rd class train .However journey back in the evening is really uncomfortable & a... more travel advice
The Toong Dok Tantawan sunflower festival in Lopburi begins from November through to December every year.The cold... more travel advice
YaaDong's Related Pages
Lop Buri Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of Monkeys and Soldiers"
- "LOP BURI"
- "Our introduction to the Central Plains -15/01/2005"
- "My Job in Thailand"
- "Lopburi - not only monkeys"
- "Lopburi - Monkey Temple"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lop Buri
- Hotels in Lop Buri
- Transportation in Lop Buri
- Nightlife in Lop Buri
- Restaurants in Lop Buri
- Shopping in Lop Buri
- Warnings and Dangers in Lop Buri
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lop Buri
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Lop Buri?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lop Buri
Photos in Lop BuriSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Bangkok Intro, 64 reviews, 80 photos
- Pattaya Intro, 32 reviews, 36 photos
- Thailand Intro, 30 reviews, 36 photos
- Ko Samui Intro, 24 reviews, 33 photos
- Ko Chang Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Ko Samet Intro, 13 reviews, 17 photos
- Nonthaburi Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Kanchanaburi Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Cha-am Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Hua Hin Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos