"Growing up in a college town" Edinboro by Aloe9678

Edinboro Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 23 photos

John's Wildwood Pizza

I realize this should actually fall under a tip, but it is such a part of Edinboro that I think it deserves mention here. John Wildwood's (as it's more commonly, but not correctly, called) is the place that's open late at night, making it the place to run into after a night on the town. The pizza (and waffle fries) are delicious without the aid of alcohol, but aside from the 24/hr gas stations, there's only one other restaurant in town open late on the weekends, and Wildwood's is closest to three of Edinboro's bars.

Once upon a time I wasn't a fan of John's, but on one of my trips home from West Virginia University my friends and I stopped here, and I had a slice and finally understood. Now no trip home is complete without a trip to John's.

Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Unfortunately, I don't have any photos to offer of the school, but the campus is lovely. My family has long ties to the Fighting Scots: my grandfather was a professor there for more than 20 years, and at some point all three of his children attended and he taught my two aunts, never knowing they would wind up his daughters-in-law! When we moved to Edinboro from Buffalo, my sister and I attended the elementary school on campus.

My mom, sister and I lived across the street from the university for almost eight years, and it's a great place to go bike riding, roller skating (or -blading), catching a free summer concert and athletic events.

Edinboro Lake

Again, unfortunately, I don't have any photos to share, but Edinboro Lake is a small body of water that draws summer visitors from Pittsburgh and a few other places. Aside from water activities, there is a great playground, part of the Billings Park Complex, that I remember enjoying as an "older" kid. The season is short, since it doesn't usually get warm in Edinboro until the end of June, but the lake is nice to walk along any time of year.

• Last visit to Edinboro: Sep 2009
  • Intro Written Dec 23, 2009

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 11:24 PM

haha this is funny about the time you were born my sister was in college at slippery rock and I met a guy while visiting from none other then edinboro!

Aloe9678 Used To Live Here!

Aloe9678

“Why not?”

Badges & Stats in Edinboro

Have you been to Edinboro?

Latest Activity in Edinboro