"I think sometimes I do things just to have stories" Aloe9678's Profile

Allison 3.0

Hello Everyone!

Welcome to my homepage. A little about me: I got out of the US Army in November 2009 after nearly six years as a journalist. I deployed twice, once to the Victory Base Complex (also known as the Baghdad International Airport Complex) and the second time to Forward Operating Base Delta.

I just finished my first semester of graduate school at New York University. If all goes as planned, by this time next year (December 2012) I'll have a master's of arts in magazine writing. I love my classes, and I love New York City.

This is a picture of the crazy people I worked with and our Festivus pole. I'm in the back row.

Some basics...

I was born near Pittsburgh, Pa. (Go Steelers!) and grew up near the tropical body of water that is Lake Erie, in Buffalo and Erie. I have a bachelor's degree in journalism from West Virginia University (Go Mountaineers!), and now that my little Army adventure is over, I would like to work for a beauty/fashion magazine. My (maternal) grandmother was a buyer for a department store, told great stories about going to fashion shows in New York and really hasn't aged much. I favor writing over math, so I decided my "in" to the fashion world would be to write about it.

I have a few close friends I've gathered along the way, two from home, a few from college, and a few from the Army. I'm also very close to my mom and sister.

This is a picture of my friend Steph, who visited me three times in Texas, where I was stationed my entire Army career (well, except for when I was in Iraq). We're on South Congress in Austin. We didn't stay in the hotel whose courtyard we're posing in, we just thought it was pretty!

• Intro Updated Dec 27, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!