"East Java: The Mountain Spirit." East Java Province by olenx
East Java Province Travel Guide: 984 reviews and 2,334 photos
Mahameru is the name of the Volcano Semeru's Peak. The volcano located south of volcano Bromo. The Peak is the highest peak in east java. When I visited the volcano on dry season there were many dust along the way Tumpang to Ranupani. I forget to bring my cover bag, so that my bag was very dirty by the dust. Upon arrival at Ranupani, Mr Glimo welcome me and my group. Get to the peak in early morning for better weather and sunrise is my tactical choice in reaching the peak. On peak all the volcanoes of East Java was visible clearly.
This is the most popular of all of east Java's travel destination. this an active volcano about 2,392 m alt. The best location to experiences Bromo's amazing view is from Mountain Pananjakan. Almost all amazing photo view of Bromo that I see in internet, magazine and other media were captured on this mountain.
Ijen is 2350 m alt in high,trek length to the peak about 3 km, it just 90 minutes hiking from Paltuding, the entrance gate of Ijen. Along the way up enjoy fresh air, beautiful view surrounding and some natural attraction including the famous Edelwis flower.
Colorful volcanic lake is the most interested view hare. One of it's crater side is sulfatara sources that also interested for me. Near by the lake there were many local miner mining and some of them portaging up the mining result, then got paying for surviving.
When you visit Bromo-Semeru-Tengger area in east Java, never forget to come to Mt.Pananjakan's Peak.Here is the... more travel advice
To reach the Ranupane, the basecamp for trekking up Mahameru, Semeru volcano's peak, by publick bus 30 minutes from... more travel advice
olenx's Related Pages
East Java Province Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "volcano trek"
- "EAST JAVA or JAWA TIMUR PROVINCE"
- "East Java: The Mountain Spirit."
- "Land of Bengawan Solo"
- "Amazing East Java, Indonesia"
- "Surabaya - Java"
- "I love God who create A fantastic Bromo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in East Java Province
- Hotels in East Java Province
- Transportation in East Java Province
- Nightlife in East Java Province
- Restaurants in East Java Province
- Shopping in East Java Province
- Warnings and Dangers in East Java Province
- See All...
Badges & Stats in East Java Province
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to East Java Province?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in East Java Province
Top 5 Pages
- Yogyakarta Special Region Intro, 10 reviews, 5 photos
- Yogyakarta Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Indonesia Intro, 1 review, 9 photos
- Jambi Province Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- East Java Province Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos