"East Java: The Mountain Spirit." East Java Province by olenx

East Java Province Travel Guide: 984 reviews and 2,334 photos

Mahameru

Mahameru is the name of the Volcano Semeru's Peak. The volcano located south of volcano Bromo. The Peak is the highest peak in east java. When I visited the volcano on dry season there were many dust along the way Tumpang to Ranupani. I forget to bring my cover bag, so that my bag was very dirty by the dust. Upon arrival at Ranupani, Mr Glimo welcome me and my group. Get to the peak in early morning for better weather and sunrise is my tactical choice in reaching the peak. On peak all the volcanoes of East Java was visible clearly.

Amazing view of Bromo-Semeru from Mt.Pananjakan

This is the most popular of all of east Java's travel destination. this an active volcano about 2,392 m alt. The best location to experiences Bromo's amazing view is from Mountain Pananjakan. Almost all amazing photo view of Bromo that I see in internet, magazine and other media were captured on this mountain.

People Work Hard For Suvival On Ijen.

Ijen is 2350 m alt in high,trek length to the peak about 3 km, it just 90 minutes hiking from Paltuding, the entrance gate of Ijen. Along the way up enjoy fresh air, beautiful view surrounding and some natural attraction including the famous Edelwis flower.

Colorful volcanic lake is the most interested view hare. One of it's crater side is sulfatara sources that also interested for me. Near by the lake there were many local miner mining and some of them portaging up the mining result, then got paying for surviving.

• Intro Updated Aug 1, 2011

Comments

olenx

“Discover New Things”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in East Java Province

Have you been to East Java Province?

Friends