"My First Trip to Arkansas" Petit Jean State Park by thetinyrascal

Petit Jean State Park Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 28 photos

Petit Jean State Park

I recently attended my brother's wedding in Little Rock, Arkansas. I'm pretty much in love with the great outdoors, so my brother and I and some of his friends took a trip to Petit Jean State Park, about 30 miles east of Arkansas, a couple of days before his big day. It was cool just sitting back with my brother, drinking some beers, and walking all around his scenic place. The hiking was great, albeit difficult.

• Last visit to Petit Jean State Park: May 2009
  • Intro Written Jun 12, 2009

• JLBG's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Good start! I don't know why but I figured that Arkansas was dry and desolate and I am surprised it is green and full of water flowing!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I've heard of Petit Jean State Park before, but never knew how it got its name. Thanks for telling the story. Looking forward to more of your pages here on VirtualTourist!

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 5:23 AM

What a fantastic view from the top of the mountain!!!

• Redlats's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I enjoyed reading about the park. Walking three miles on a sprained ankle would be a challenge.

• BTMonica's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Chris, I think Petit Jean State Park is one of America's best hidden secrets. I visited the park a while back and fell in love with the whole area. I'm actually thinking about relocating to the Little Rock area.

• kokoryko's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Very good start with nice photos of the mountain, Chris. I wish I will visit this part of United states one day!

thetinyrascal

“Never settle for today”

Badges & Stats in Petit Jean State Park

Have you been to Petit Jean State Park?

Latest Activity in Petit Jean State Park