"Bits of Washington" Washington State by LaurenAnita
Washington State Travel Guide: 7,374 reviews and 19,657 photos
Wenatchee is where I spent most of my time in Washington, so I thought I would start there. I would talk a little about Seattle, but I only spent about a day there, and mostly in the airport.
As we drove out from Seattle to Wenatchee, we drove through some mountains; it was immensely beautiful. I was reading the Twilight books at the time, so that was excellent timing as they are set in Washington. There were the dense, dark green trees covering every slope of every mountain, with fog weaving in and out of the trees. I get to reading and next thing I know we are entering Wenatchee-- and it is like a different state entirely.
Wenatchee is the anti-green, lol, but it is still lovely. The town of Wenatchee is in a valley, with the river flowing through the center. Houses and buisnesses scale the sides of the valley; everything is brown and rocky; compared to its neighbor Seattle, it is very warm and dry.
Things to do in Wenatchee; well, its a lovely town. They have parks by the river, fishing if you have a license (or are young enough to get away with it), and there is the dam where you can explore a little gallery/exhibit or watch the fish try and swim through the canals set up for them to pass through the dam.
- Pros:Its a nice community
- Cons:No cons to think of yet :)
- In a nutshell:Can't wait to see More
LaurenAnita's Related Pages
Washington State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Washington, the Northwestern Corner of the US"
- "America the Beautiful"
- "Washington State: Terrainius Maximus"
- "WASHINGTON STATE"
- "High Desert and Heavy Rain: depends on where"
- "marko727's new Washington Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washington State
- Hotels in Washington State
- Transportation in Washington State
- Nightlife in Washington State
- Restaurants in Washington State
- Shopping in Washington State
- Warnings and Dangers in Washington State
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Washington State
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Washington State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washington State
Top 10 Pages
- China Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Saginaw Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oklahoma 1 review, 5 photos
- Wolong Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 photos
- Washington State Intro, 3 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 3 photos
- Oahu Intro, 3 photos
- Wisconsin Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
Top Washington State hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- 3124 Reviews - 7554 Photos
- Ocean Shores Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 84 Photos
- Spokane Hotels
- 148 Reviews - 230 Photos
- Vancouver Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 131 Photos
- West Seattle Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 92 Photos
- Steptoe Butte State Park Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Bellevue Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Bremerton Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 150 Photos
- Olympia Hotels
- 103 Reviews - 308 Photos
- Bellingham Hotels
- 100 Reviews - 139 Photos
- Kennewick Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Olympic National Park Hotels
- 296 Reviews - 762 Photos
- Port Angeles Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 78 Photos
- Leavenworth Hotels
- 135 Reviews - 364 Photos
- Birch Bay Hotels
- See nearby hotels