"Baton Rouge to New Orleans" Louisiana by LaurenAnita
Louisiana Travel Guide: 6,414 reviews and 12,564 photos
One of the most enjoyable experiences that I had was at a gator farm in Baton Rouge. Some would say its a too-touristy thing to do, but plenty of the locals go and enjoy them too.
Once I remember the name of the gator place we went to, I will edit it in. Our tour guides were very enthusiastic, fun people, and made the whole experience that much better. We got to see baby aligators to full adult gators, and the experience was interactive, oh yes! Besides holding a four foot longer, we also got to hold other interesting creatures on the boat ride in the bayou along cypras flats, such as a neutria. There were many animals, not just gators, that we got to be close with, but the gators were always front and center.
In Louisiana, even in the scope of Baton Rouge, there are many many plantations. Besides of course being a historical slice of interest, they are beautiful places to just go and enjoy.
My family and I went to a sugar plantation called the Humas House I believe. It was very beautiful, with wild oaks still plenty. After a stroll of the lovely grounds, we began our tour of inside. At this particular plantation, a family has bought and lives inside, but they do a lot to preserve the house in its historical context.
Our tour guide was very charming, and the house is wheelchair excessible on all floors.
The trip that my family took me on into New Orleans was very fun. New Orleans is a very rich sort of place; we walked the French Quarter, Bourbon street, etc. My mother bravely marched into a voodoo shop where its namesake is that of a famous voodoo practicioner, who I can't recall at the moment. We went into marguritaville where my parents enjoyed marguritas and I enjoyed some gator as appetizer. Nothing is quite like cajun food! Hopefully during my spring break I will be returning to New Orleans, where I share even more of my personal experiences.
- Pros:good food, good entertainment
- Cons:humid and hot, but you may like that sort of weather!
- In a nutshell:A place of rich experiences
LaurenAnita's Related Pages
Louisiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pelican State"
- "Louisiana; history, culture and nature"
- "Keeweechic's Louisiana"
- "Louisiana: Sportsman's Paradise"
- "Basaic Louisiana Page"
- "Ruckus. In large amounts."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Louisiana
- Hotels in Louisiana
- Transportation in Louisiana
- Nightlife in Louisiana
- Restaurants in Louisiana
- Shopping in Louisiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Louisiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Louisiana
- 0 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Louisiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Louisiana
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- China Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Saginaw Intro, 11 reviews, 4 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oklahoma 1 review, 5 photos
- Bar Harbor Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wolong Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Italy Intro, 3 photos
- Washington State Intro, 3 photos
- Louisiana Intro, 3 photos