"TURKEY" Turkey by KoalaB
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,326 reviews and 69,554 photos
After travelling for two months in Europe I was ready to return home, so wasn't that enthusiastic going on to Turkey. What a mistake that would have been!
I never realized how beautiful Turkey was and the fascinating sights to see.
We arrived by ferry from Samos into Kusadasi, which we found very easy to get to the very popular tourist attractions, like Pamukkale, Ephesus and the house of the Virgin Mary. From there it was easy to get the tour buses to other parts of Turkey.
An added bonus was that meals, accommodation and getting around was so much cheaper than where we'd come from.
The Turkish people were just lovely and friendly and were as interested in us and our country as we were in theirs.
When it was time to leave I wished we had longer!
As you can see 'Ephesus' covers a huge area.
The all day bus tour from Kusadasi, included a guide who spoke at least 5 languages (!), Ephesus, Pamukkale and the House of the Virgin Mary, as well as a beautiful lunch and swim in the pool at a 5* hotel. We considered this was money well spent.
Would like to emphasise here that this site is under construction to return it as much as possible to its orignal state. This will be an extensive job for many, many years.
Make sure you have good comfortable walking shoes, if it's sunny and hot a hat, umbrellas are great for sun and rain (so never travel without one), and if possible also take water, though bottles of water are sold here.
- Pros:Fascinating history, great tours available and much cheaper that other parts of Europe
- Cons:Couldn't really find anything to complain about.
- In a nutshell:Be prepared for a pleasant surprise - so much to see!
KoalaB's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Broome Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of South Australia Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Siracusa Intro, 6 photos
- South Africa Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7630 Reviews - 19467 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 734 Reviews - 2038 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 622 Reviews - 1136 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 705 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 306 Reviews - 836 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 57 Reviews - 166 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 451 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 358 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 875 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 453 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 953 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 423 Reviews - 901 Photos
- Kemer Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 168 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 24 Reviews - 56 Photos
- Kalkan Hotels
- 149 Reviews - 378 Photos