"Aussie Traveller" KoalaB's Profile
So glad I found this website! As a newcomer I will be gradually adding to my list of places I've been over the years as well as photos to the ones already listed. Will take time but I'll get there!
I'm only too happy to assist other members with any enquiries about the places I've visited and equally hope to be able to ask other members for their travel tips.
Over the next couple of years I plan to start touring USA, Canada and Sth America. Then I will have some enquiries!
A lot of people don't realise what beautiful beaches we have. They run the entire length of the city's coastline and the sand is so powdery white it squeaks when you walk on it! As Adelaide is in a Gulf the swimming is safe without the dangers of rips like many of the popular beaches in other states. Most beaches have jetties where the locals like to fish and the more active love to jump from into the deep water.
The beach extends for many miles/kilometres along the city of Adelaide's coastline.
Because of our nice sunny days and plenty of parking our beaches are a very popular place for families to take the children where they can paddle safely in the shallow water.
On a really HOT day the evenings are where you'll find the families enjoying the cooler part of the day.
Henley Square is also very popular because of the many indoor/outdoor cafes and restaurants located on the square. There one can enjoy a coffee or a meal whilst enjoying the surroundings of the beach and sea.
This particular day a rock'n'roll afternoon had been organized.
This photo was taken from the Henley jetty looking towards West Beach.
The beaches are extremely popular as there is plenty of parking available which enables one to pack the car with the beach umbrella or tent, the esky for the food and drinks, and all manner of things to keep everyone happy. With transistor radio in hand father can still listen to his favourite sport with necessary drink in hand!
This photo was taken at the Innes National Park situated at the very southern end of Yorke Peninsula and covers an area of 9,200 hectares of natural mallee bushland.
This photo was taken overlooking one of the many bays at Innes National Park. It is a very popular area for crayfishing.
We were informed that a license for crayfishing costs $1.5 million Australian Dollars!
Emus enjoying a welcome drink from the puddles of water running off the road. It had been a very long drought and drinking water was not in abundance except for this one day when we there and it rained all day!
Kangaroos, emus and even a mallee fowl all came out to enjoy the fresh water.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 13 Reviews
- 139 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Deleting replies in Forum"
- KoalaB and rosata are now friends.
- Commented on CatherineReichardt's profile page
- updated a Siracusa Travelogue "Riposto"
- Uploaded a Photo to "United States of America"
updated their Profile Page "Aussie Traveller"
- Wrote a Review The People of Malta in Malta Favorites
PhotosSee All Photos (139)
Top 10 Pages
- Broome Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ko Samui Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- United States of America Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Turkey Intro, 11 photos, 3 travelogues
- State of South Australia Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pulau Langkawi 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Siracusa Intro, 6 photos
- South Africa Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Hotels
- 22145 Reviews - 53809 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15551 Reviews - 30943 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23056 Reviews - 47246 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11939 Reviews - 26463 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8353 Reviews - 17025 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4447 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4263 Reviews - 8768 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7623 Reviews - 19412 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos