"Djerba" Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba by kbl
Ile de Jerba Travel Guide: 238 reviews and 753 photos
Jerba (or Djerba) is an island three miles off the southernmost coast of Tunisia and is one of Tunisia's most popular tourist spots. It is linked to the mainland by a bridge that was originally built as a causeway by the Roman empire.
Once on the island, you find that sandy beaches surround fertile fruit orchards, vegetable gardens and olive tree groves. Jerba is considered to be a Maritim Oasis.
The Island is home to historical Muslim mosques as well as Jewish temples such as El Ghriba, a synagogue that attracts visitors from all over the world.
There is a large tourist zone along the beaches. Twenty kilometers of hotel developments monopolize much of the beach area along the northeastern side of the island.
When travelling on the island, taking a taxi is fast and cheap. When you meet a driver that you're pleased with, ask him... more travel advice
- internation kitchen with local flavor
- See All With a horse to the Flamingo Island
- Shopping and negotiating
kbl's Related Pages
Ile de Jerba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Island of Djerba"
- "Djerba adventure"
- "Djerba - The Enchanted Island"
- "Djerba Island"
- "Djerba - Isle of Forgetfulness"
- "Island of the Lotus Eaters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ile de Jerba
- Hotels in Ile de Jerba
- Transportation in Ile de Jerba
- Nightlife in Ile de Jerba
- Restaurants in Ile de Jerba
- Shopping in Ile de Jerba
- Warnings and Dangers in Ile de Jerba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ile de Jerba
- 15 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Ile de Jerba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ile de Jerba
Photos in Ile de JerbaSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- New York City Intro, 33 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Orlando Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincia de La Altagracia Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shabikah Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mechelen Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dominican Republic Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue