"Koen 'Kbl' travel" kbl's Profile
Welcome to my Home Page. I hope that you will enjoy my travel pages and tips. I'm aware this page needs updating (it's 2014 and I'm missing a lot of recent travel...) . Will find and make time to get this done.
My name is Koen (where the OE is pronounced as "oo" in "book"). I used to live in a very small town in the North part of Belgium, and I moved to New York a couple of year ago. You will notice that I do like to travel.
Fortunately, my job brings me to a lot of places on this globe. You will notice that some of my travel is business related, but that I always extend my stays to allow me to visit the neighborhood.
Let me know where these pages can be improved and what you like.
Florence, (December '06)
South Africa (November '06)
Orlando - USA (January '07)
Wish to go to:
[X] = Planned
Wish to find time to update my pages on:
Boortmeerbeek, Hever and Schiplaken.
I have started to update my albums. The first one, called "narcist" has some pictures showing just me. The second one contains pictures that I find very nice and that deserved a special place.
My travel Curiculum has been updated...
Newark (NJ, USA)
New York (NY,USA)
New York (NY,USA)
Washington DC (USA)
Redmond (WA, USA)
September - October
Holidays in the Dominican Republic
Been working in and around the house - no travel :-(
Business travel to Minneapolis.
A tour that brought me from New York to Washington DC, Harrisburg (PA), Chacago and back home. Over 500 pictures taken and a lot to put online, but in desperate need of time :-)
A weekend of in Paris: Pages still waiting to be updated
For a conference, I spent some days in Orlando (FL,USA) and visited Universal Studios and Disney-MGM.
Newyears-evening and days spent in the Belgian Ardennes: stayed in Vignee, a part of Villers-sur-Lesse, visited Rochefort, walked on newyearsday in Wanlin and Hour, and spent a lovely second of Januari in Lessive and Han-Sur-Lesse. Pages are being updated :-)
Most recent updates & stuff
I'll try to announce the updates on my VT-pages here:
23 Oct '05: New Pages:Dominican Republic, Uvero alto and Punta Cana
21 Jul '05:New Page:Minneapolis
20 Mar '05: New page: New York
22 Jan '05: New page: Orlando
09 Jan '05: Updates on Mechelen, Tunisia and Jerba. Cleaned up some pages and completed others.
08 Jan '05: Updates on Hever, Boortmeerbeek, Schiplaken and Mechelen
03 Jan '05: Updates on the Pages on Vignee, Villers-sur-Lesse, Rochefort, Wanlin, Hour, Lessive, Han-Sur-Lesse.
11 Nov '04: Created a page with some autumn pictures in my hometown.
23 sep '04: Pages related to our recent trip to Tunesia and the first 170 pictures are online.
29 aug '04: A new travelogue for Seattle, containing my pictures of the Seattle Aquarium
I finally managed to get some pictures of Gooik online
Seattle, Redmond and Bellevue (WA, USA)
Reasons why not all my pages are up to date:
1. I'm travelling too much to have all my pages up to date
2. Most of my travel is business related
3.I prefer to go out and play golf, rather then sit behind the PC.
4. When I'm at home, a lot of things need to be done urgently...
(more excuses to follow...)
My VT-mailbox was starting to become another of these spam-collecting mailboxes. Therefore: My virtualtourist mailbox has been set to block mails from the outside.
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
The Road Not Taken
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 273 Reviews
- 679 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 50 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Posted in Travel New York City Forum "Re: looking for a place to click..."
- Commented on JuanV22's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Koen 'Kbl' travel"
- Wrote a Review Can you spot the Belgian hints on this building? about American Museum of Natural History in New York City Things to Do
- created a Jodoigne Travel Page "One of the most central location in Belgium"
- kbl and heydelin are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "Nice hotel - conveniently located - and arty!"
Top 10 Pages
- Orlando Intro, 26 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Provincia de La Altagracia Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 15 reviews, 30 photos, 3 travelogues
- Seattle Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Shabikah Intro, 12 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Funchal Intro, 12 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mechelen Intro, 18 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dominican Republic Intro, 8 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue