"Me and My Travels" deebum25's Profile
Finally an opportunity to hit the friendly skies again. Back to Italy for Bologna, Pisa and Lucca. And now that I've decided that culinary school and in the kitchen is where I belong, it's been an awesome ride.
In the past five years I've traveled to Wales, Manchester, Dublin, London, Edinburgh, Rome, Florence, Perugia, and recently Naples and Ischia. Taking only one vacation a year is difficult but it helps when the vacations are so stimulating and fantastic! Of course we have to leave our two four legged children but it's done them no harm thus far.
It's so sad that Americans can't travel as much now due to the dollar's value being so stinky. I look forward to the election because I have a feeling that will be turning around somewhat and I can start planning our next big adventure! But in the meantime we can trade stories and dream, can't we?
I am looking forward to Brazil, Peru and Spain so anyone with any info they'd like to share is always welcome! I am very detailed in planning trips, I always like to know how to get from point A to point B, what's the bus/train/taxi system like, who and what can you trust and what should you avoid, all the little things that reduce vacationing in a foreign country stress.
I'm known to my friends as the Food Nazi for two reasons:
1) I think the way industrial farming has ruined the nutritional value in both our meats and our vegetables is an absolute crime and that genetically modified foods need to be put back in the Pandora's box from whence they came, and
2) Woe be the person who serves me bad food and asks me to pay for it. Mind you I am always nice and respectful but I have been known to sulk after a bad meal until the next mealtime! I love to cook and I love to eat and have a recipe for just about everything if anyone wants to trade. This year I'm learning lebanese cooking and that can be a challenge to find ingredients in South Carolina!
I've loved to write since I was a kid and am excited about the opportunity to share with everybody and develop friendships around the globe. I don't care what color you are, what political party you belong to, gay or straight I KNOW that travel is the great equalizer. Looking forward to hearing from everyone!
Since my husband was transferred to England for a year our World Travels began. Every time I would fly across the ocean we would travel somewhere different. I hope to see much more of the world and what other cultures have to offer. I have even managed to learn Italian because we love Italy so much.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 151 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
- Wrote a Review Umph umph umph Soul Food! in Augusta Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Loved This Down Home Place!"
- created a Greenville Travel Page "What a lovely city!"
- Commented on one of deebum25's Augusta travel pages
- deebum25 and 850prc are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Me and My Travels"
- Posted in Travel Rome Forum "Re: Transportation"
- Uploaded a Video to Naples
VideosSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 20 reviews, 18 photos
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 20 photos
- Aiken Intro, 17 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ischia Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos
- County Dublin Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Florence Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perugia Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Naples Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Edinburgh Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Denver Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos