Alegría Transportation Tips by rosequartzlover1

Alegría Transportation: 2 reviews and 4 photos

The intersection.Bus on the right going to Berlin. - Alegría

The intersection.Bus on the right going to Berlin.

Long bus ride to Alegria

This is how I got to Alegria from Apaneca. 1. Apaneca-Sonsonate.There are quite frequent buses run along Ruta de Las Flores.(including mini bus Number R.20 =Ahuachapan- Apaneca) (mini bus No. R. 23 = Ahuachapan - Sonsonate) In this case we can take mini bus number R.23 and chicken bus number 249 from Apaneca to Sosonate.I took chicken bus 249 at the first corner from Hostal Colonial.To notice that it's correct bus stop,there is a phamarcy name Jehova Jireh at that corner and few people will stand around there waiting for the bus .Normally bus will arrive on the hour.I took 07.00 bus,cost 0.75$ to Sonsonate.It took 15 minutes to Juayua,pick up some other passenger and continue to Sonsonate for another 45 minutes. 2.Sonsonate-San Salvador.Sonsonate terminal is qutie big ,there are many bus lines going to many places,so there will be many people.Beware of your belonging!! Buses going to San Salvador is separated from the main terminal,they call it "terminal 205" but within the same area.We can choose to go by chicken bus 205 or the air-condition one.I chose air-con one which cost so cheap= 1.30$ .The price written in front of the bus clearly.If we get on the bus along the way ,it will be only 1$.It took 1.20 hours to get to San Sal.Bus will arrive at Terminal Occidente. 3. From there we have to take bus 34 to terminal Oriente to catch the bus to Alegria.I asked around and found out that bus 66 go to terminal Oriente as well.It took 10 minutes and cost 20 cents. 4.At Oriente, many helpful bus staffs asked where I'd like to go.I told them Usulutan and then Alegria.They said 302 go to Usulutan ,but if Alegria I can take 306 as well,and 306 was going to leave ,so I jupmed on it.I confirmed with other passenger again and he said ok.But this bus run along Inter americana which is new info for me.Lets see how will it go..After 1.50 hours, bus let me off at an intersection around Mercedes Umana. 5.There was bus and people waiting around the corner,and I thought that was the final bus but NO!!.. there's no direct bus from there to Alegria!! I had to take that bus(No.354) to a small town "Berlin" first ...ok ..that bus took only 10 minutes to Berlin and cost 20cents. 6.Bus stop at one corner of main church ,we have to walk to other side of church to catch another bus to Alegria which is No.348.We waited for half hour before bus leave,and look like there's not frequent bus,and if I'm not wrong I think last bus to Alegria leave around 14.30, if so I was so lucky then ..to catch the last bus...Bus cost 35cents and took 15 minutes..Finally after 6 bus connections ,I arrived Alegria at 15.15.It took me 8 hours and 15 minutes to get there.

Mode: TO

Type: Bus

• Updated Jan 24, 2011
Apaneca bus stop, to Sonsonate. - Alegría

Apaneca bus stop, to Sonsonate.

To Alegria from Apaneca

Transportation to Alegria can be complicated.Yes,indeed,especially travel cross country from west to eastern city like from Apaneca to Alegria.First of all ,may I tell you about my first plan of the route to Alegria.
- From Apaneca ,take bus number 249 to Sonsonate . This bus runs between Ahuachapan and Sonsonate . It will take about 50 minutes.Cost about 0.70$ per person.
- From Sonsonate, take bus number 205 to San Salvador.Actually there are more than one bus run from Sonsonate to San Salvador.Check again when you are there, for alternative. Bus 205 will leave every 15 minutes or so ,start from 04.30 to 20.00. It will take about 1 and half hour to get to San Salvador.Cost about 1.20$.
- From San Salvador ,take bus number 302 to Usulutan.This bus will run along Carr del Litoral.It is 115 k.m. ride ,and take about 1 and half hour.Cost about 4.50$. (But I only have information that bus 302 run only 2 times in the morning which is at 07.00 and 08.00. I'm not sure about this.)
- From Usulutan ,take bus number 348 to Alegria.This bus leaves every hour and take about 1 hour to get to Alegria. Start from 05.30-16.30. Cost about 0.75 $.
This is the route I plan to do but When I was there ,it turned out to be something else.I'm going to tell you in the next text.

Mode: TO

Type: Bus

• Written Jan 22, 2011

rosequartzlover1

“travel everywhere”

Badges & Stats in Alegría

Have you been to Alegría?

Latest Activity in Alegría