"Lake Minnetonka" Minnetonka by ciaobellamici
Minnetonka Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 16 photos
I was raised around Lake Minnetonka and loved the area. Many years later, I continue to love the mystique and beauty of the acres and acres of bays that make it the Lake that it is. (I always wondered about the Upper Arm being BELOW the LOWER arm!)
Lake Minnetonka was once given the motto - "Where the Rich are very rich, indeed!" But that's another story...
keeps these pictures from revealing the warmth that the Lake normally enjoys in late July! It was FREEZING! But I still grinned constantly while traveling on the Trolley Boat from Excelsior to Wayzata. The volunteer pilots even let me take a turn at steering! They recognized my childlike glee at being back on the water.
- Cons:Expensive Lake Front
- In a nutshell:What a GEM!
ciaobellamici's Related Pages
Minnetonka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Parrot Heads in Paradise--Lakes & Prairie"
- "This was the shortest hotel visit ever for us..."
- "LIfe on the Lakes"
- "Lake Minnetonka"
- "Watonka Minnetonka!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Minnetonka
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Minnetonka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Minnetonka
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Traverse City Intro, 18 reviews, 47 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos
- Trieste Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- County Kildare Intro, 3 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Glendalough Lakes Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Charleston Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Glen Arbor Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Ridgefield Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 1 review, 6 photos