"I wish to eat the globe!" techants's Profile

Why do we travel?

Why do we travel?

Some say to meet new people and culture. Well, If you live in one of the big cosmopolitan cities (i.e. London, Sydney, Berlin, New York, etc), you can soak in new culture and people virtually every weekend in one of your suburbs or neighbourhoods. Why cramping yourself in economy section of Jetair (if you travel in first class, lucky you!) for something which you can do in your own backyard?

Some travel with a checklist of historial buildings and World Heritage sites. As far as I'm concerned, I prefer doing that in the comfort of my living room on the screen of Discovery TV channel.

If you ask me, I would say I travel for food and train and a hotel room with a nice view. These can't be created on the pages of travel book or Travel and Tourism series on TV. You have tips on a hotel in nice location, or on scenic train ride, or you know of a street side restaurant in old Delhi serving succulent kebab, you are my friend. You are my mate. You are my Guru!

• Intro Updated Dec 10, 2009

Mar 29, 2014 at 12:44 AM

Shame you havent been back for a long while!

• Michael_D's Profile Photo
      Mar 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

we are all on facebook now LOL

Mar 29, 2014 at 5:08 PM

Im on both...and if theres heaps of Vters on fb and they dont bother to say hi to me when we are both on FB (which heaps of them dont) then good luck and good riddance is all I can say now then...

Mar 14, 2011 at 1:47 PM

that looks rather delicious! you will enjoy the food in Morocco!...get in and try as much as poss of it!and the coffee and orange juice too!

• Ranjit662's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I guess you are real a foodie , like me that Biryani, Pulao looks really authentic and yummy.

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2010 at 5:20 PM

No- but thanks...

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Food is indeed one of the great pleasures of travel.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
techants's Profile Photo

techants

“In search for the best Kebab and the most amazing train ride.”

Ranked Member