"The Mecca of South America Wines" Mendoza by Nicckie
Mendoza Travel Guide: 402 reviews and 1,039 photos
Why go to Mendoza? Because its a precious little city nestled against an amazing background of mountains and nature. And I had no real appreciation for this until I arrived. There's rafting and hiking and all sorts of action packed outdoor activities, but very little marketing to give the average traveler this wealth of knowledge.
And if that's not your forte, you can always drink wine. You'll be surrounded by 3 very popular regions for cultivating grapes...
There's 5 plazas that make up the general structure of the city, which has a typical South American vibe. No one's rushing through the streets to get somewhere in a hurry. Instead, they're probably relaxing at a local restaurant opening another bottle of Malbec during a casual 3 hour lunch and sharing laughter with friends.
My friend is an avid wine enthusiast. I enjoy the drink more than the historical background, but this was an incredible experience I've never been exposed to in Napa, Central Coast, Santa Ynez or Los Olivos in California.
Places like Dominio de la Plata and Dolium gave us private and semi-private tours. Check out my Things to Do tip for details!
- Pros:Really good vibe - not a big city, quaint local flavor.
- Cons:Can be a bit dangerous at night....
Wine tasting is unquestionably one of the great reasons to go to Mendoza! And while I didn't know alot about the various... more travel advice
As part of the wine tours we took in the Mendoza wine region, we asked our tour guide to recommend one day that would... more travel advice
Nicckie's Related Pages
Mendoza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mendoza - county of good wine and sun :-)"
- "Land of Sun, good wine and more"
- "Mendoza - A City of Trees"
- "Lovely Mendoza days"
- "An oasis in the middle of the desert"
- "5 lovely days!"
- "Montañas, vino y rosas (Mountains, wine & roses)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mendoza
- Hotels in Mendoza
- Transportation in Mendoza
- Nightlife in Mendoza
- Restaurants in Mendoza
- Shopping in Mendoza
- Warnings and Dangers in Mendoza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mendoza
- 4 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Mendoza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mendoza
Photos in MendozaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Mendoza Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Providenciales Island Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Guilin 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Olivos Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos