"My Passion!" Nicckie's Profile
After growing up in a big city environment in Los Angeles all my life, it was challenging for me to get that "WOW" factor of going to new cities in the states, with the exception of New York, maybe.
So after a couple of years working in a big corporate culture, I decided it was time to take a mini-sabbatical. And I wanted a big change - new culture, new language and all around different experience. Where better than a city previously run by a dictator whose city streets are now packed "hasta la madrugada" (until dawn) with celebration and a crazy fun nightlife. Site unseen I moved to Madrid in 2003 and spent 6 of the best months meeting new friends and soaking up an incredilby friendly culture.
Hopefully, this is the first such excursion of many to come...
Even though I love to travel, I also enjoy the comfort of my own apartment, my quiet neighborhood, knowing every restaurant in the area, saying hello to my grocers by name - its great to be connected locally.
So when I'm not off on some crazy adventure, I at least try to be creative about day trips and short weekend getaways. Wine tasting in Los Olivos is one of my favorite picks, Palm Springs is great to get a tan and Las Vegas...well, you know, stays in Vegas!
And being a tourist in my own city is really fun - going to a local live concert, fishing for the day in Newport Beach, trying a restaurant I've passed countless times and always wondered about...its all in the attitude!
One of the greatest aspects of traveling for me is the people you meet along the way. And its not just simply a hello and smiling face, its usually so much more! An open arms gigantic welcome - let me take you around the city, stay in my home, lets go get drinks, meet my local friends - the list goes on and on!
I get so fired up when people come to visit and my type-A personality won't let a moment go by without a jam packed plan to show them around, take them out on the town and have a fabulously local experience in the City of Angels!
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 52 Reviews
- 146 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 19 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Nicckie and giampiero6 are now friends.
- Commented on SonicDeathMonkey's profile page
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: VT Meeting"
- Wrote a Review Waking up with the Birds in Morro Bay Hotels
- created a Montevideo Travel Page "A truly unique Experience"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Spending time with the Wildlife!"
updated their Profile Page "My Passion!"
Top 10 Pages
- Buenos Aires Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos
- Mendoza Intro, 4 reviews, 21 photos
- Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos
- Masai Mara Game Reserve Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos
- Nairobi Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Shanghai 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Guilin 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Providenciales Island Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Los Olivos Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos