"Costa Rica by luiggi" Costa Rica by luiggi
Costa Rica Travel Guide: 5,964 reviews and 13,931 photos
The country is divided by a backbone of volcanoes and mountains, an extension of the Andes-Sierra Madre chain which runs along the western side of the Americas. Costa Rica has four distinct cordilleras or mountain ranges -- Guanacaste and Tilaran in the north, Central and Talamanca in the south. Costa Rica is part of the Pacific "Rim of Fire" and has seven of the isthmus's 42 active volcanoes plus dozens of dormant or extinct cones. Earth tremors and small quakes shake the country from time to time.
luiggi's Related Pages
Costa Rica Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Pura Vida!"
- "Costa Rica"
- "Costa Rica, a land of simple life and beauty"
- "Paradise? Pura Vida? Oh Yeah"
- "From a birders point of view"
- "Muy Bueno"
- "9 Days in Costa Rica"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Costa Rica
- Hotels in Costa Rica
- Transportation in Costa Rica
- Nightlife in Costa Rica
- Restaurants in Costa Rica
- Shopping in Costa Rica
- Warnings and Dangers in Costa Rica
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Costa Rica
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Costa Rica?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Costa Rica
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 17 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ethiopia Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- California Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos