"Tibet by luiggi" Tibet by luiggi
Tibet Travel Guide: 1,293 reviews and 3,665 photos
Tibetans claim that Tibet is a separate nation with a distinct culture, yet the Chinese claim that it is a minority member of the Chinese nation with a local variation of a common culture.
Tibet, a rich and beautiful land, is located at the main part of Qinghai-Tibet plateau, south-West frontier of China. Tibet borders with Sichuan, Yuannan, Qinghai And Xinjiang; to the south contiguous to India, Nepal, Sikkim, Bhutan and Burma, and bounded by Kashmir on the west.
Tibetans share their region with Menpa, Luopa, Han Chinese, Hui, Sherpa, and a few Deng people.
According to the census conducted in 2000, there are 2,6 Mil. people in Tibet, with Tibetans totaling 2,4 Mil. or 92.2% of the current regional population.
It is generally agreed that Tibetans share a considerable genetic background with Mongols, although other main influences do exist.
Tibetans traditionally explain their own origins as rooted in the marriage of the bodhisattva Chenrezig and a mountain ogress. Tibetans who display compassion, moderation, intelligence, and wisdom are said to take after father, while Tibetans who are "red-faced, fond of sinful pursuits, and very stubborn" are said to take after mother.
Monasteries have always been the pride of Tibet. Traditional monastic communities live in their individual ways and are... more travel advice
It's believed that spinning the wheel invokes as many blessings as the number of prayers it contains. Prayer wheels... more travel advice
luiggi's Related Pages
Tibet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Roof of the World - Under Construction"
- "Returning to Tibet!"
- "TIBET: unique people in unique land... and Beijing"
- "Roof of the World"
- "Tibet, the Buddhists on top of the world"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tibet
- Hotels in Tibet
- Transportation in Tibet
- Nightlife in Tibet
- Restaurants in Tibet
- Shopping in Tibet
- Warnings and Dangers in Tibet
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Tibet
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tibet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tibet
Top 10 Pages
- India Intro, 52 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Venezuela Intro, 34 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 17 reviews, 61 photos, 4 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ethiopia Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Argentina Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- Moscow Intro, 21 reviews, 22 photos
- California Intro, 20 reviews, 21 photos