"A Wombat in Snowy Freiberg" Freiberg by Russell_the_Wombat
Freiberg Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 390 photos
My first visit to Freiberg in December 2009 was very short, due to the delay on the way to Seiffen and us staying two hours longer than we had planned. We arrived in Freiberg well after dark, so I could not see much of the town. Days are simply too short in December!
We visited the Christmas market in Obermarkt which was rather small and somehow disappointing. The big pyramid in the middle was pretty, though. The old buildings around the square looked fascinating in the dark, too. The tower in the background is part of the town hall.
One evening was not enough and I wanted to see the town in the daylight. So we planned a two-night stay during our recent trip through Saxony. Again we came in December for the Christmas market.
Exploring the town became a polar adventure. It felt like Siberia. After 24 hours of continuous snowfall the snow level must have been around 70 cm. Sightseeing was somewhat limited but amazing! Digging in those heaps of snow was fun. You never knew what you'd unearth, respective unsnow. A car, for example.
That is a busy parking lot in the heart of the town behind me, by the way. Then there is the cathedral and the building that hosts the town and mining museum. A nice warm and dry refuge on a day like that.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Freiberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Freiberg in Saxony"
- "My First Visit to Freiberg in 2008"
- "Freiberg / Saxony"
- "Freiberg, sachsen"
- "A Wombat in Snowy Freiberg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Freiberg
- Hotels in Freiberg
- Transportation in Freiberg
- Nightlife in Freiberg
- Restaurants in Freiberg
- Shopping in Freiberg
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kos Island
- Saint George Hotels
- Fair Hill
- Loni Kalbhor Hotels
- Negeri Pahang
- Aruba Hotels
- Port Jefferson
- Wildcat Mountain State Park Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Lac de Derborence Hotels
- Australia and Oceania
- Danby Castle Hotels
“Never underestimate a wombat.”
- No VT rank yet.
- Forum Rank:
- 0 2 6 4 7
- 0 Reviews
- 5,516 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Freiberg
- 0 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Freiberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Freiberg
Photos in FreibergSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues
- Essen Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Münster Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues