"VT Meeting with Kimi the Bear" Göppingen by Russell_the_Wombat

Göppingen Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 177 photos

My best friend on VT is Kimi the Bear. He lives far away on the opposite side of the globe, in Kiwiland.

However, the two of us finally had the chance to meet in person when Kimi and his Mama Kakapo2 visited their old home at the foot of the Swabian Alb, only two hours by train from our home.

More pictures of our meeting, which involved all in all four VT members, two humans and two animals, can be found on Kimi's Göppingen page! You will also find the Official Meeting Group Photo there.

We met in Göppingen, which is not far from where the Kiwis were staying, and started with a quick walk of the town and a coffee break.

Kimi and his Mama Sissi brought me gifts from my other best VT friend Wallywombat in Sydney. They had met her during a stopover on the way to Germany. Now isn't that sweet?

After the coffee we took the bus uphill to Hohenstaufen. From the village we hiked to the top of the steep mountain to enjoy the view and see what is left of the old Staufer castle.

• Last visit to Göppingen: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Oct 19, 2009

• Kimi_the_Bear's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Hey Russell, Mama has just woken me up to have a look at your page and our adventures. BTW I fell over on the bus because I sat on my a.. only and not on four paws like you ;-) Had a drink later at home to celebrate the great day we had had ;-))) Kimi

• Kakapo2's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Well, wasn't this a great day?! You have made a wonderful page. Well done, Russell! Sissi

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2009 at 11:37 PM

It looks like the two of you had a very full day, no wonder Kimi fell asleep on the bus. Great pictures of all the fun you had!

• wallywombat's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2009 at 11:49 PM

Fantastic is all I can say about the photos and the great time you all had It seems the two of you together got up to all sorts of mischief and had a wonderful time .I wish I could have been there too .

Russell_the_Wombat

“Never underestimate a wombat.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Göppingen

Have you been to Göppingen?

Latest Activity in Göppingen