"A Wombat in Seiffen" Kurort Seiffen by Russell_the_Wombat
Kurort Seiffen Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 127 photos
Everybody who has ever looked at a stall or shop that sells Erzgebirge woodcarvings has seen this little yellow church. It is a popular model. The original is located in the village of Seiffen, the capital of woodcarvings. There are 150-something woodcarving workshops in the village and almost every second house has a shop selling the products. Some also have products from other places and some also sell stuff that was not made in the Ore Mountains at all. After looking at a few of them you get a feeling to distinguish authentic handmade things from factory stuff.
We went up into the Ore Mountains from Dresden. The train and bus ride all in all took three hours, plus an unplanned stopover in Olbernhau because our bus would not show up. But we made it to Seiffen in the end.
Seiffen is located rather high up in the mountains, close to the Czech border. We were lucky to catch the loveliest winter weather, lots of snow and bright sunshine and rather mild temperatures.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Kurort Seiffen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In Christmas Country"
- " Kurort Seiffen "
- "Christmasland visited in August"
- "A Wombat in Seiffen"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kurort Seiffen
- Transportation in Kurort Seiffen
- Restaurants in Kurort Seiffen
- Shopping in Kurort Seiffen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kurort Seiffen
- 0 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kurort Seiffen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kurort Seiffen
Photos in Kurort SeiffenSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 89 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 77 photos, 11 travelogues
- Münster Intro, 75 photos, 11 travelogues
- Essen Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues