"Wombat and Virtual Bear in Liestal" Liestal by Russell_the_Wombat
Liestal Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 36 photos
On a rainy Saturday in May we visited Liestal, which is just behind Basel, hence just a short hop into Switzerland. Mommy was attending some kind of event that involved her club. We went earlier and also stayed overnight, in order to have more time to see the place.
Our VAs for the Bergamo Euromeet were already with us: Kakapo2 and Kini_the_Bear. We took them along as a test trip and for photo practice. They make easygoing travel companions, it seems. Only thing is, I have to share all the cake and icecream with this greedy bear now!!!
Liestal is a cute little town. The gate tower, which they name "Törli" although it is rather big, leads into the old town. Unlike the dumb Germans, those clever and lucky Swiss people managed to keep themselves out of the ugly wars of the 20tth century, so their cities and towns are all undestroyed and complete.
The weather could have been better. In the afternoon the rain finally stopped, so I was able to poke my nose out of the bag and explore a bit. The VAs are rainproof, but I am not!
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Liestal Travel Guide
Explore the World
“Never underestimate a wombat.”
- No VT rank yet.
- Forum Rank:
- 0 2 6 3 7
- 0 Reviews
- 5,516 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Liestal
- 0 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Liestal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liestal
Photos in LiestalSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 78 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues
- Essen Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues
- Freiburg im Breisgau Intro, 74 photos, 9 travelogues
- Nürnberg Intro, 73 photos, 10 travelogues
- Münster Intro, 70 photos, 10 travelogues