"A Wombat in the Vineyard" Weingarten by Russell_the_Wombat
Weingarten Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 171 photos
Weingarten translates to "vineyard", which sounds promising, doesn't it?
Indeed, this is a wine village, the nearest wine village from Karlsruhe. Our S-Bahn pass took us there in no time.
First we saw the village with the two churches and some nice old houses. Then we decided to look for the real vineyards.
It was a very warm afternoon, although the sun was already rather low. So we did not set out for a long hike. We only walked a short loop through the vineyards on the hillside.
They are not only growing wine on that sunny hill but also cherries and other fruit. The cherries are already ripening. We are having a very dry and warm spring, and late May is far too early for them. Something is wrong. They are too small and this looks like emergency ripening. I'm afraid we won't get too many cherries in due time this year. Sniff.
Update: We revisited Weingarten on the holiday of Corpus Christi to see the flower carpets. Lots of new photos in the travelogues!
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Weingarten Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Weingarten in Baden"
- "Weingarten - Beautiful Southern German City"
- "A Wombat in the Vineyard"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Weingarten
- 0 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Weingarten?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Weingarten
Photos in WeingartenSee All Photos (61)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 89 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 77 photos, 11 travelogues
- Münster Intro, 75 photos, 11 travelogues
- Essen Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues