"A Wombat in Augustusburg Palace" Augustusburg by Russell_the_Wombat
Augustusburg Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 112 photos
Woohoo - do I spot a VTer down there?! Let's catch him!
Augustusburg si a small town in the Ore Mountains, located on a ridge above the Zschopau valley. The town isn't that much to write home about (apart from the steepness of the streets).
Was that worth the strenuous climb uphill through a wet forest on this very rainy day?
The main attraction of Augustusburg, however, is located even higher up than the village.
There is a big renaissance castle, built in the 16th century as hunting lodge for a Saxon Elector.
The castle is quite big. It was built on square ground. In each corner there is a house like the two in the background, they are all more or less identical from the outside. They are connected by long wings so the inner courtyard is closed to all four sides.
The palace has some rooms with funny frescoes, a lot of history, and a couple of museums about very different topics. We spent almost the whole day there.
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Augustusburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Augustusburg Palace on a Very Rainy Day"
- "A Wombat in Augustusburg Palace"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Augustusburg
- Transportation in Augustusburg
- Restaurants in Augustusburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Augustusburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Augustusburg
- 0 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Augustusburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Augustusburg
Photos in AugustusburgSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 111 photos, 16 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Schwetzingen Intro, 97 photos, 14 travelogues
- Stuttgart Intro, 94 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 94 photos, 12 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 89 photos, 12 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues