"A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West" Edenkoben by Russell_the_Wombat
Edenkoben Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 148 photos
Edenkoben is one of many wine towns and villages along the German Wine Road in Palatine. This is an interesting place. Vineyards are everywhere, there is even one in the middle of the town. Vines grow in all streets, too. In the central square a trapper goes hunting while his portrait is being taken by a painter. And the bears hand out icecreams.
This area at the foot of the Palatinate Forest is known for its mild climate. This is the perfect location for a holiday burrow. The Bavarian King Ludwig I had the most beautiful one: Villa Ludwigshöhe. The villa was built on the boderline between vineyards and chestnut forest and has a lovely view of the Rhine plain.
- Pros:It's all about wine!
- Cons:None, because during our last visit I finally got wine!
Russell_the_Wombat's Related Pages
Edenkoben Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edenkoben, a Palatinate Wine Town"
- "A Wombat in Edenkoben: Vines, Villas and Wild West"
- See All...
“Never underestimate a wombat.”
- No VT rank yet.
- Forum Rank:
- 0 2 9 2 2
- 0 Reviews
- 5,837 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats in Edenkoben
- 0 Reviews
- 57 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Edenkoben?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edenkoben
Photos in EdenkobenSee All Photos (57)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 118 photos, 15 travelogues
- Baden-Baden Intro, 98 photos, 13 travelogues
- Wroclaw Intro, 89 photos, 13 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 86 photos, 11 travelogues
- Würzburg Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Hanau am Main Intro, 83 photos, 10 travelogues
- Chemnitz Intro, 78 photos, 11 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 77 photos, 11 travelogues
- Münster Intro, 75 photos, 11 travelogues
- Essen Intro, 75 photos, 9 travelogues