"Buda + Pest = Budapest!" Budapest by Natrix
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,613 reviews and 17,595 photos
unfortunately I can't tell you much about Budapest - I didn't really go there for touristic purposes - but I'd still like to share this really special picture from the chain-bridge with you (made by my photographer friend Darko from Zagreb) and recommend the hotel I stayed at. A few more general impressions: Budapest is a very metropolitan, beautiful city, the old architecture and style from the days of the Astro-Hungarian empire gives it a character of its very own. Although you can find the biggest shopping mall in the whole world in Budapest there are still many things reminding of the Socialist-era, for example a really bad service-mentality :o( and (for western relations) cheap prices :o). You always have to be very careful not to get robbed or betrayed! Another thing I remember are the metros, they look like in the fifties, very cool...
Natrix's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
Photos in BudapestSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 19 reviews, 15 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lyon Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Skopje Intro, 9 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Croatia Intro, 16 reviews, 11 photos
- California Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- FYR of Macedonia Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Slovenia Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salzburg Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Leipzig Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos