"Remarkable Monastery - UNDER CONSTRUCTION" Müstair by lotharlerch
Müstair Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 49 photos
Where is this Müstair situated? The Swiss National Park is north of the pass Il Fuorn which connects the Engadin and the Val Müstair. The Val Müstair goes from the pass Il Fuorn down southeast to the Vinschgau (val Venostga) in South Tirol. Immediately before the Val Müstair leaves Switzerland to become "Münstertal" the village Müstair is immediately at the Swiss/Italian frontier. Only a few steps from the frontier is the monastery. The church with the famous Carolingian frescoes (an UNESCO world heritage) is under daytime accessible free of charge and normally you will meet only a few people visiting it for the frescoes.
We enjoyed the "Bündner Gerstlsuppe" (Barley Soup), a very popular soup in the Grischun. But we enjoyed of course... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Müstair Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Müstair Valley"
- "Remarkable Monastery - UNDER CONSTRUCTION"
- "Müstair: a little Swiss gem"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Müstair
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (66)
Have you been to Müstair?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Müstair
Photos in MüstairSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues