"National Park around Nuclear Power Station" Ignalina by lotharlerch
Ignalina Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 1 photos
It happens often that the name of the small town of Ignalina shocks foreign travellers - simply because it is known as the location of Lithuania's one and only nuclear power station which is of Chernobyl type. Lithuania has the highest fraction of electricity coming from nuclear energy in the whole world. But you hardly will spot the power station.
Around Ignalina one of the very attractive Lithuanian National Parks, the Aukstaitias Nationalinis Parkas is situated. It is a marvellous peaceful landscape with dark virgin forests, chains of clean blue lakes and remote tiny villages looking as if we would wake up 200 years back in the past.
- Pros:Among the nicest landscapes of Lithuania
- Cons:Difficult to forget that it is around a Nuclear Power Station
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Ignalina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Near Ignalina"
- "National Park around Nuclear Power Station"
- "Ignalina - place of lakes !"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ignalina
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (64)
Have you been to Ignalina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ignalina
Photos in IgnalinaSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues