"Incredibly picturesque small town" Telc by lotharlerch
Telc Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 372 photos
Telč is one of the lucky cases of a town which enjoyed a period of great history and importance and was "lucky" that much of the explosive developments of the 19th century - industrialization, explosive increase of population and railway connections - did not fully touch it. The town found itself in the area where the almost dead corners of three countries meet - Bohemia, Moravia and Austria. But this helped to conserve the extraordinary beauty of the harmonic Renaissance/Baroque ensemble. And it is great that it did not become a touristic hot spot like Cesky Krumlov which was under a long period in quite the same situation. There is of course tourism going on here, forming a significant part of the local economy but still is not able to destroy the unique atmosphere.
- Pros:slightly off the most beaten tourist trails
- In a nutshell:a fairytale-like picture of a small old Czech town
When entering through this gate you find at the end of the narrow street leading to the main square the restaurant... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Telc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TELC - brings you back to Renaissance times"
- "The Pastels of Telc"
- "TELC AND THE BEAUTIFUL TOWN SQUARE!"
- "A Little Town to Fall in Love With"
- "Renaissance city and home of my ancestors"
- "fascinated by colors and reflections"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Telc
- Hotels in Telc
- Transportation in Telc
- Nightlife in Telc
- Restaurants in Telc
- Shopping in Telc
- Warnings and Dangers in Telc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Telc
- 6 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Telc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Telc
Photos in TelcSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues