Telfs Things to Do Tips by lotharlerch
Telfs Things to Do: 5 reviews and 9 photos
Telfs seen from Mösern
As you see it looks nice in all seasons, with or without the clouds covering the valley of the river Inn.
If you want to check the actual weather etc. and what the panorama seen from Moesern looks like right now check the both webcameras - click to the link below!
The riverbed of the savage Stöttlbach
In Telfs the valley of the river Inn is wider than anywhere else in Tirol. And at both sides of the dominating mountain Hohe Munde are two Plateaus accomanying the valley above and below Telfs. Below (East) from Telfs it is the Saddle of Seefeld, a wide area between the mountain groups of the Wetterstein and Mieming range and the Karwendel. This is the area in which the Northic Skiing competitions of two Winter Olympics took place (1964 and 1976). West from Telfs the valley of the Inn is accompanied by a wide plateau which is between 1000 and 1200 m high. There are some villages (Mieming, Wildermieming, Barwies and Obsteig) and famous larch forests. And at the northern edge a savage but easy to reach area behind which you see the impressive central part of the Mieming mountain range with mountains like the Hochplattig and Griesspitze which are only seldom climbed.
Afew km further west there are nice hikes as for example up to the Lehnberghütte. From there you reach in short walks places with really spectacular views.
an occasional pic on the way
Being in Telfs a must is to walk (or drive, the routes are separated) through pine forests up to the Gasthaus Strassberg (all the year round, in winter often excellent tobogganing down from Strassberg). A few minutes from Strassberg you have to leave your car anyway. Strassberg is a small but on weekends very popular Gasthaus in scenic surroundings from where you can continue up to "Neue Alplhütte", a fine place to have beers and snacks in a great scenery which really gets magnificent when you walk just a few minutes around. A bit longer is an other option for the return via the "Hintereggen" back to Strassberg.
Directions: From Telfs via Lehen by car or walking to Strassberg or via the gorge "Strassbergklamm"
the valley of the river Inn seen from Mösern
One of the most famous panoramic views in the area is the one from Mösern (a part of Telfs) to the West down to the valley of the river Inn. The famous painter A. Dürer used it as the backkground of a self-portrait which is today in the Prado in Madrid. Here a picture of it with the valley under the clouds the day before Christmas eve 2002.
The panorama Dürer painted can now seen as it is today with fine sophisticated technology. VT member j.laichner created fantastic digital panoramas in which you can move around withyour mouse. Just try it. Visit his website given below.
Directions: Drive the street from Telfs to Seefeld and after 10 minutes you reach Mösern.
More Reviews (8)
- See All The "Schleicherlaufen VT-meeting"
- Top class mountain scenery around
- See All Skiing far from skilifts
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Telfs Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tegucigalpa Hotels
- Harlem Hotels
- Quebec Hotels
- Future City Hotels
Badges & Stats in Telfs
- 12 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 72 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Telfs?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Telfs
- Posted in Travel Corumbá Forum "Re: Getting from La Paz to Corumba"
- Commented on one of globetrott's Telfs travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "The "Schleicherlaufen VT-meeting""
- Wrote a Review The "Schleicherlaufen VT-meeting" in Telfs Local Customs
- updated a Telfs Travelogue "More pics from Telfs and surroundings"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues