"My homeplace" Telfs by lotharlerch

Telfs Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 48 photos

Charming, underrated, under construction

yes, my homeplace is charming and underrated, although it offers some scenic close to worldclass views and is the third biggest settlement in the really well known Tirol. Telfs itself is under rapid construction (Austrias fastest growing community, at the moment approx. 16000 inhabitants and I hope it will not grow too much more...). Contrasting that my page on it is under very slow construction, in fact I am now only setting up the flag, supposing to be for the moment the only one VT-er living here. I have to add that I am no longer the only one VT-er here. and there exists already even a Telfs page built by a non-local, it was my friend Anjutka who liked it here so much that she built a page.

Telfs is situated in a convenient 26 km distance west from Innsbruck and sharing with it parts of the playgrounds of two Winter Olympics (1964 and 1976). This can give you already an idea of the opportunities found here under the cooler part of the year. But my personal favourite seasons here are autumn and spring.

• Pros:Although it is in Tirol it is not one of its touristy places which are overcrowded under the seasons and half-dead to non existing the rest of the year
  • Cons:???
  • Intro Updated Apr 16, 2005

• amsor's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Das nächste Schleicherlaufen in 2015 werde ich mir vormerken, sieht ja echt interessant aus !

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2010 at 8:00 AM

Hello, Lothar! Looks like a very picturesque place! Thanks for sharing!

• MEdelmann's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Hallo Lothar, kürzlich bin ich Telfs vorbeigefahren, auf den Weg nach Höfen bei Reutte, im Ausserfern. Ich habe dort einige Weine präsentiert. Leider war ich in Zeitdruck, so konnte ich nicht "hallo" sagen. Aber "aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben".....

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Beautiful area you live in, A must visit addition to my list for a hike along the valleys ;-)))

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Also gibt es das nächste Schleicherlaufen in 2010, ich hoffe ich werde daran denken !

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 6:43 AM

Whatv a beautiful place you live in. Thank you for howing it to us. leyle

• elp's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Obrigada pelo comentário. O seu português é óptimo. Pessoalmente adoro montanhas, acho a Austria muito linda e o Tirol e Telfs também.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 7:00 PM

hi Lothar I am looking forward to see you soon in Karlsruhe Hansi

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2007 at 9:30 AM

You are right, Lothar! If I live in such a beautiful place I wouldn't travel at all... I like mountains in general and the Alps as well. Wonderful pics and interesting tips. Thanks for the virtual tour!

• alywang's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM

The shellfish look yummy! I like any seafood:) By the way, your homeplace must be a nice place to live.

lotharlerch Lives Here!