"LUND, the most charming place to study in Sweden" Top 5 Page for this destination Lund by lotharlerch

Lund Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 191 photos

This tiny town (about 100.000 residents) is totally dominated by its university, the biggest one in Sweden, virtually every third inhabitant of Lund is studying here. That means a very specific and interesting atmosphere, quite different to the most one is used to associate with Sweden. Yes, it is also situated in thesouthernmost part of Sweden, the climate is mild and the territory was Danish for centuries and now Denmark is just a short train ride over the Öresund bridge away.

• Pros:Charming town, good atmosphere.
  • Cons:??
  • In a nutshell:I really regret that I did not study here.
  • Last visit to Lund: Jun 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 10, 2002

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2007 at 10:49 AM

Lund frequently features in Henning Mankell's crime stories! So this is what it looks like.

• Emica's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 7:16 AM

You seem to travel alot.. I envy you!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2004 at 12:51 AM

Great to see a page about Lund! I am very curious about this place, it looks great! Hope to visit it some day! :-)

• sprdak11's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 6:40 AM

Nice page! Greetings!

• cheapskate's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2004 at 4:16 AM

this place really is charming.. my friend will be there in fall.. can any studying be done there?! haha

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2004 at 10:12 AM

Lund is a very charming university town. I think I could force myself to study here :-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2004 at 5:08 PM

What a lovely place to go to university or to go there simply as a tourist...

• lotharlerch's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2003 at 5:41 AM

Answer to E-Diogo: You are completely right, I only can confirm - I studied in Innsbruck,

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2003 at 8:31 AM

what a beautiful place.

• Maline's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2003 at 10:48 AM

Great page, but as an Uppsala student myself I must of course contradict you that Lund is the best place to study in Sweden. Uppsala and Lund are old rivals to this title...!

lotharlerch