"Glurns - a charming medieval alpine idyll" Glorenza by lotharlerch
Glorenza Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
Although not far from the highly frequented road over the Reschen/Resia (a road without road tolls as alternative to the Brenner pass) it remained an "off the beaten track " place until our days.
Glurns (the Italian name is since 1919 Glorenza according to the list of topographic names of South Tirol elaborated by Benito Mussolini's friend Ettore Tolomei) within its walls is so tiny that you can cross it in every direction in maybe three minutes but it contains lots of nice and picturesque details.
- Pros:tiny idyll from the middle ages, completely unspoilt
- In a nutshell:worth a stop when you come over the Reschen/Resia pass
I was twice (2005 and 2008) eating there together with friends. There is a bar at the ground floor and the restaurant... more travel advice
The area around the Three Countries Corner (Austria, Italy, Switzerland) is full of great and quite unknown medieval... more travel advice
lotharlerch's Related Pages
Glorenza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glurns - a charming medieval alpine idyll"
- "Glurns - the SMALLEST fortified city of Tirol"
- "Glorenza: a wonderful Medieval town"
- "The smallest town in Alto Adige"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glorenza
- Transportation in Glorenza
- Restaurants in Glorenza
- Shopping in Glorenza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glorenza
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (65)
Have you been to Glorenza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glorenza
- Posted in Travel Albufeira Forum "Re: Places to go in the Hire Car?"
- Wrote a Review Regional food reasonably priced in Glorenza Restaurants
- updated a Glorenza Travel Page "Glurns - a charming medieval alpine idyll"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Still Off the Beatn Path: Langtaufers"
- Commented on one of desert_princess's Glorenza travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chernivtsi Intro, 26 reviews, 68 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Fucking Intro, 25 reviews, 56 photos, 2 travelogues
- Samarkand Intro, 11 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Bukhara Intro, 16 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Costa Rica Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tashkent Intro, 13 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lviv Intro, 19 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Feichten Intro, 11 reviews, 42 photos
- Cairo Intro, 9 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Riga Intro, 14 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues